The classic game of Spider is played with two decks (104 cards). This version is played with a single suit (spades). Its name is derived from the eight stacks you build representing the spiders legs.
Odds of winning: Low
Win about 1 in 5 games (20%).
5 to 10 minutes per game.
Skill: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
Remove all the cards, leaving none in the stock or tableaus.
- There are ten tableaus.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by rank regardless of suit. Complete sequences of the same suit starting with a King and ending with an Ace are automatically removed.
- For example the Q♠ may move onto the K♠, K♥, K♣ and K♦. Starting with the Q♥ the following sequence can build on top J♠ 10♠ 9♦ 8♣.
- Sequences of cards built down by the same suit can move together as a group.
- The stock deals one card face up to each of the tableaus when tapped. Every tableau must have at least one card before dealing from the stock.
Strategies & Tips
- Focus on making moves that uncover the face-down cards.