Beetle uses two-decks (104 cards) and follows the same rules as the classic game of Spider with the exception that all cards are dealt face up at the beginning. This makes it an easier version of Spider.
Rules provide a challenge.
Odds of winning: Very High
Almost every game is winnable (95%).
More than 10 minutes per game.
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Beetle
Remove all the cards, leaving none in the stock or tableaus.
- There are ten tableaus.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by rank regardless of suit. Complete sequences of the same suit starting with a King and ending with an Ace are automatically removed.
- For example the 10♠ may move onto the J♠. Starting with the 10♠ the following sequence can build on top 9♠ 8♠ 7♠ 6♠.
- Sequences of cards built down by the same suit can move together as a group.
- The stock deals one card face up to each of the tableaus when tapped. Every tableau must have at least one card before dealing from the stock.