Spidike is a closed game played with a single deck (52 cards). The objective is to build the four foundations up by the same suit.
Odds of winning: High
Win about 3 in 5 games (60%).
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Spidike
The goal of Spidike is to move all 52 cards to the foundation piles. You achieve this by building sequences of cards up by suit that start with an Ace and end with a King. You win when the four foundations each contain a complete sequence of thirteen cards.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 5♠ may move onto the 4♠ and the 5♦ may move onto the 4♦. Starting with the 5♦ the following sequence can build on top 6♦ 7♦ 8♦ 9♦.
- Cards on the foundation may be moved.
- There are seven tableaus.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by rank regardless of suit.
- For example the Q♠ may move onto the K♠, K♥, K♣ and K♦. Starting with the Q♥ the following sequence can build on top J♠ 10♠ 9♦ 8♣.
- Sequences of cards built down by the same suit can move together as a group.
- The stock deals one card face up to each of the tableaus when tapped.