Freds Spider Solitaire
Freds Spider is played with two standard decks (104 cards). There are ten tableaus that contain five cards each. The objective is to build the eight foundations up by the same suit.
Odds of winning: Very High
Almost every game is winnable (96%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Freds Spider
The goal of Freds Spider is to move all 104 cards to the foundation piles. You achieve this by building sequences of cards up by suit that start with an Ace and end with a King. You win when the eight foundations each contain a complete sequence of thirteen cards.
- There are eight foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 6♠ may move onto the 5♠ and the 6♦ may move onto the 5♦. Starting with the 6♠ the following sequence can build on top 7♠ 8♠ 9♠ 10♠.
- There are ten tableaus.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by rank regardless of suit.
- For example the 6♠ may move onto the 7♠, 7♥, 7♣ and 7♦. Starting with the 6♥ the following sequence can build on top 5♠ 4♠ 3♦ 2♣.
- Sequences of cards built down by the same suit can move together as a group.
- The stock deals one card face up to each of the tableaus when tapped.