So called Scorpion as it (very loosely) resembles a Scorpion. With the four stacks of face down cards in the upper left resembling the Scorpions tail and the seven tableaus the body.
Rules are easy to understand.
Odds of winning: Low
Win about 1 in 3 games (35%).
5 to 10 minutes per game.
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Scorpion
Remove all the cards from the stock and tableau by building four full sequences of cards.
- There are seven tableaus.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit. Complete sequences of the same suit starting with a King and ending with an Ace are automatically removed.
- For example the 10♠ may move onto the J♠. Starting with the 10♠ the following sequence can build on top 9♠ 8♠ 7♠ 6♠.
- Any card or stack of cards may move together as a group. Any stack of cards may move together, regardless of their build (no restriction on rank, suit or color).
- The stock deals one card face up to each of the tableaus when tapped.
Strategy & Tips
- Focus on making moves that uncover the face-down cards.