Will-o'-the-Wisp is a closed game played with a single deck (52 cards). There are seven tableaus that contain three cards each.
Rules are easy to understand.
Odds of winning: Very Low
Win about 1 in 5 games (19%).
5 to 10 minutes per game.
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Will-o'-the-Wisp
Remove all the cards from the tableau. Build four complete sequences down by suit from King through to Ace.
- There are seven tableaus.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by rank regardless of suit. Complete sequences of the same suit starting with a King and ending with an Ace are automatically removed.
- For example the 6♠ may move onto the 7♠, 7♥, 7♣ and 7♦. Starting with the 6♥ the following sequence can build on top 5♠ 4♠ 3♦ 2♣.
- Sequences of cards built down by the same suit can move together as a group.
- The stock deals one card face up to each of the tableaus when tapped. Every tableau must have at least one card before dealing from the stock.