Scorpion II Solitaire
A version of Scorpion with a smaller tail (three stacks of face down cards rather than four). So called Scorpion as it (very loosely) resembles a Scorpion. The three stacks of face down cards in the upper left resembling the tail and the seven tableaus the body.
Rules provide a challenge.
Odds of winning: Very High
Win about 4 in 5 games (80%).
More than 10 minutes per game.
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Scorpion II
Remove all the cards from the stock and tableau by building four full sequences of cards.
- There are seven tableaus.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit. Complete sequences of the same suit starting with a King and ending with an Ace are automatically removed.
- For example the 7♠ may move onto the 8♠. Starting with the 7♠ the following sequence can build on top 6♠ 5♠ 4♠ 3♠.
- Any card or stack of cards may move together as a group. Any stack of cards may move together, regardless of their build (no restriction on rank, suit or color).
- The stock deals one card face up to each of the tableaus when tapped.
Strategy & Tips
- Focus on making moves that uncover the face-down cards.