Applegate is a closed game played with a single deck (52 cards). There are seven tableaus that contain seven cards each.
Odds of winning: Very Low
Win about 1 in 8 games (12%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
Remove all the cards from the tableau. Build four complete sequences down by suit from King through to Ace.
- There are seven tableaus.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit. Tableaus can build around-the-corner (a King may move onto an Ace). Complete sequences of the same suit starting with a King and ending with an Ace are automatically removed.
- For example the Q♠ may move onto the K♠ and the Q♥ may move onto the K♥. Starting with the Q♦ the following sequence can build on top J♦ 10♦ 9♦ 8♦.
- Any card or stack of cards may move together as a group. Any stack of cards may move together, regardless of their build (no restriction on rank, suit or color).
- There is one reserve.
- The top card is movable.
There is one game with similar play style to Applegate: