Chelicera Solitaire is a variant of Scorpion (Four Suits) where tableau spaces are automatically filled with three cards from the stock. This is one of the few working versions available on the net.
Odds of winning: Fifty-fifty
Win about 1 in 2 games (50%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Chelicera
Remove all the cards from the stock and tableau by building four full sequences of cards.
- There are seven tableaus.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit. Complete sequences of the same suit starting with a King and ending with an Ace are automatically removed.
- For example the 9♠ may move onto the 10♠ and the 9♥ may move onto the 10♥. Starting with the 9♣ the following sequence can build on top 8♣ 7♣ 6♣ 5♣.
- Empty tableau spaces are automatically filled with three cards from the stock.
- Any card or stack of cards may move together as a group. Any stack of cards may move together, regardless of their build (no restriction on rank, suit or color).
Strategy & Tips
- Focus on making moves that uncover the face-down cards.