Easthaven is a closed game, starting with three cards dealt to the seven tableaus and only the top card shown face up. Just like Klondike stacks are built in alternating color.
Rules provide a challenge.
Odds of winning: Low
Win about 3 in 10 games (30%).
5 to 10 minutes per game.
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
Move all cards to the four foundations.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 8♠ may move onto the 7♠ and the 8♦ may move onto the 7♦. Starting with the 8♥ the following sequence can build on top 9♥ 10♥ J♥ Q♥.
- Once on the foundation, the top card can continue to move as needed to build sequences on the tableau.
- There are seven tableaus.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by alternating colors.
- For example the 8♠ may move onto the 9♦ and the 8♥ may move onto the 9♣. Starting with the 8♥ the following sequence can build on top 7♠ 6♦ 5♣.
- Sequences of cards built down by alternating color can move together as a group.
- The stock deals one card face up to each of the tableaus when tapped.