A more difficult version of Yukon with half the number of possible moves. Cards on the tableau are built down by suit instead of by alternating color.
Rules provide a challenge.
Odds of winning: Very Low
Win about 1 in 25 games (4%).
5 to 10 minutes per game.
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Russian
Move all cards to the four foundations.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 3♠ may move onto the 2♠ and the 3♦ may move onto the 2♦. Starting with the 3♥ the following sequence can build on top 4♥ 5♥ 6♥ 7♥.
- Once on the foundation, the top card can continue to move as needed to build sequences on the tableau.
- There are seven tableaus.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit.
- For example the 7♠ may move onto the 8♠ and the 7♥ may move onto the 8♥. Starting with the 7♥ the following sequence can build on top 6♥ 5♥ 4♥ 3♥.
- Any card or stack of cards may move together as a group. Any stack of cards may move together, regardless of their build (no restriction on rank, suit or color).