Yukon (One Suit) Solitaire
A easier variant of Yukon played with a single suit (spades).
Odds of winning: Very High
Almost every game is winnable (99%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Yukon (One Suit)
Move all cards to the four foundations.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 7♠ may move onto the 6♠. Starting with the 7♠ the following sequence can build on top 8♠ 9♠ 10♠ J♠.
- Once on the foundation, the top card can continue to move as needed to build sequences on the tableau.
- There are seven tableaus.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by rank regardless of suit.
- For example the J♠ may move onto any four available Q♠. Starting with the J♠ the following sequence can build on top 10♠ 9♠ 8♠ 7♠.
- Any card or stack of cards may move together as a group. Any stack of cards may move together, regardless of their build (no restriction on rank, suit or color).
Strategy & Tips
Even though almost every game is winnable (99%) use these 7 tips for the best chance of beating each game:
- Unlike traditional Yukon where each card has two moves (e.g. 3♠ onto 4♦ or 4♥) this version has four options (e.g. 3♠ onto four 4♠). Making it much easier.
- Expose the face-down cards as soon as possible. When all cards are face up, the game is almost always winnable.
- Do not empty tableau piles unless there is a King available to immediately fill it.
- Always move available Aces to the foundation.
- It can be beneficial to keep a Two on the tableau to allow moving a covered Ace.
- Plan ahead - identify a card that is beneficial to move (for example to expose a face-down card) and look for a card to move to.
- Starting with the top exposed cards, look for cards that can move onto it. Prefer the moves the expose the face-down cards. Lets say the Q♠ is one of the top cards, if you have more than one J♠ available, choose the one that provides the most benefit. For example choose the J♠ that exposes face-down cards or opens another move.
There is one game with similar play style to Yukon (One Suit):