Ukrainian is a closed game played with a single deck (52 cards).
Odds of winning: Very Low
Win about 1 in 7 games (13%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Ukrainian
In Ukrainian the goal is to discard cards by making complete runs from King through to Ace. Once you have created a complete run of the same suit, the cards are discarded. You win when there are no more cards remaining.
- There are seven tableaus.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit. Complete sequences of the same suit starting with a King and ending with an Ace are automatically removed.
- For example the 5♠ may move onto the 6♠ and the 5♥ may move onto the 6♥. Starting with the 5♠ the following sequence can build on top 4♠ 3♠ 2♠ A♠.
- Any card or stack of cards may move together as a group. Any stack of cards may move together, regardless of their build (no restriction on rank, suit or color).