Russian Cell Solitaire
Russian Cell is a closed game played with a single deck (52 cards). The objective is to build the four foundations up by the same suit.
Odds of winning: Good
Win about 3 in 7 games (45%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Russian Cell
The goal of Russian Cell is to move all 52 cards to the foundation piles. You achieve this by building sequences of cards up by suit that start with an Ace and end with a King. You win when the four foundations each contain a complete sequence of thirteen cards.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 6♠ may move onto the 5♠ and the 6♦ may move onto the 5♦. Starting with the 6♥ the following sequence can build on top 7♥ 8♥ 9♥ 10♥.
- Once on the foundation, the top card can continue to move as needed to build sequences on the tableau.
- There are two cells.
- Any card may move to an empty cell space. A cell can hold only one card.
- The top card is movable.
- There are seven tableaus.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit.
- For example the 8♠ may move onto the 9♠ and the 8♥ may move onto the 9♥. Starting with the 8♥ the following sequence can build on top 7♥ 6♥ 5♥ 4♥.
- Any card or stack of cards may move together as a group. Any stack of cards may move together, regardless of their build (no restriction on rank, suit or color).