Bakers Dozen Solitaire
Bakers Dozen is an open game (all 52 cards dealt face up from the beginning of play). The thirteen tableaus contain four cards each. The tableaus are built down by rank regardless of suit, with only the top card of each being eligible for play. The objective is to build the four foundations up by suit from Ace through to King.
Rules provide a challenge.
Odds of winning: Fifty-fifty
Win about 1 in 2 games (50%).
5 to 10 minutes per game.
Skill Level: All Skill
Winning is determined by skill. Little to no luck is involved.
How to Play Bakers Dozen
Move all cards to the four foundations.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 3♠ may move onto the 2♠ and the 3♦ may move onto the 2♦. Starting with the 3♠ the following sequence can build on top 4♠ 5♠ 6♠ 7♠.
- There are thirteen tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by rank regardless of suit.
- For example the 6♠ may move onto the 7♠, 7♥, 7♣ and 7♦. Starting with the 6♥ the following sequence can build on top 5♠ 4♠ 3♦ 2♣.
- The top card is movable.