Vineyard is an open game with all 52 cards dealt at the beginning of play. Six cards are dealt to each of the first two tableaus and five each to the remaining eight. The tableaus are built down by any alternating color, with only the top card of each being eligible for play. The objective is to build the four foundations up by suit from Ace through to King.
Odds of winning: Very Low
Win about 3 in 50 games (6%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Vineyard
Move all cards to the four foundations.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 3♠ may move onto the 2♠ and the 3♦ may move onto the 2♦. Starting with the 3♠ the following sequence can build on top 4♠ 5♠ 6♠ 7♠.
- There are ten tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by alternating colors.
- For example the 6♠ may move onto the 7♦ and the 6♥ may move onto the 7♣. Starting with the 6♥ the following sequence can build on top 5♠ 4♦ 3♣.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- The top card is movable.
There is one game with similar play style to Vineyard: