Castles In Spain Solitaire
Castles in Spain is an open game (all cards are dealt face up). Four cards are dealt to each of the 13 tableaus. Any sequence that is built down by alternating color is eligible to move to another tableau. The objective is to build the four foundations up by suit starting with an Ace and ending with a King.
Rules provide a challenge.
Odds of winning: Very High
Almost every game is winnable (91%).
5 to 10 minutes per game.
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Castles In Spain
Move all cards to the four foundations.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 3♠ may move onto the 2♠ and the 3♦ may move onto the 2♦. Starting with the 3♦ the following sequence can build on top 4♦ 5♦ 6♦ 7♦.
- There are thirteen tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by alternating colors.
- For example the Q♠ may move onto the K♦ and the Q♥ may move onto the K♣. Starting with the Q♥ the following sequence can build on top J♠ 10♦ 9♣.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- Sequences of cards built down by alternating color can move together as a group.