Beleaguered Castle Solitaire
Beleaguered Castle is an open game (all 52 cards are displayed face up at the beginning of the game). The four foundations each contain an Ace. There are eight tableaus that contain six cards each. The objective is to build the four foundations up by suit from Ace to King.
Rules provide a challenge.
Odds of winning: Low
Win about 1 in 4 games (25%).
5 to 10 minutes per game.
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Beleaguered Castle
Move all cards to the four foundations.
- There are four foundations.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 3♠ may move onto the 2♠ and the 3♦ may move onto the 2♦. Starting with the 3♥ the following sequence can build on top 4♥ 5♥ 6♥ 7♥.
- There are eight tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by rank regardless of suit.
- For example the 8♠ may move onto the 9♠, 9♥, 9♣ and 9♦. Starting with the 8♥ the following sequence can build on top 7♠ 6♠ 5♦ 4♣.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- The top card is movable.