Westhaven is a closed game, starting with three cards dealt to the ten tableaus and only the top card shown face up. Played identically to Easthaven but with more tableaus (ten versus seven). The additional tableaus make it an easier game than Easthaven.
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Westhaven
Move all cards to the four foundations.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 6♠ may move onto the 5♠ and the 6♦ may move onto the 5♦. Starting with the 6♣ the following sequence can build on top 7♣ 8♣ 9♣ 10♣.
- Once on the foundation, the top card can continue to move as needed to build sequences on the tableau.
- There are ten tableaus.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by alternating colors.
- For example the 9♠ may move onto the 10♦ and the 9♥ may move onto the 10♣. Starting with the 9♥ the following sequence can build on top 8♠ 7♦ 6♣.
- Sequences of cards built down by alternating color can move together as a group.
- The stock deals one card face up to each of the tableaus when tapped.