Trusty Twelve Solitaire
Trusty Twelve gets its name from the 12 piles built on. It relies on more luck than skill, however there's still an element of skill involved and the right strategy can make the difference between a win and a loss.
Rules provide a challenge.
Odds of winning: Low
Win about 1 in 5 games (20%).
5 to 10 minutes per game.
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Trusty Twelve
When the stock is empty.
- There are twelve tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by rank regardless of suit.
- For example the 9♠ may move onto the 10♠, 10♥, 10♣ and 10♦. Starting with the 9♥ the following sequence can build on top 8♠ 7♠ 6♦ 5♣.
- Empty tableau spaces fill with a card from the stock.
- The top card is movable.
Strategy & Tips
2 tips for the best chance of winning Trusty Twelve:
- When possible, immediately start to build on Kings and prefer to continue building those stacks first.
- Build long sequences on the highest available rank first.