Knotty Nines Solitaire
A more difficult variation of Trusty Twelve with fewer tableaus.
Skill Level: Mostly Luck
Winning is mostly determined by luck. A small amount of skill is involved.
How to Play Knotty Nines
When the stock is empty.
- There are nine tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by rank regardless of suit.
- For example the 10♠ may move onto the J♠, J♥, J♣ and J♦. Starting with the 10♥ the following sequence can build on top 9♠ 8♠ 7♦ 6♣.
- Empty tableau spaces fill with a card from the stock.
- The top card is movable.
Strategy & Tips
2 tips for the best chance of winning Knotty Nines:
- When possible, immediately start to build on Kings and prefer to continue building those stacks first.
- Build long sequences on the highest available rank first.