Sweet Sixteen Solitaire
Sweet Sixteen is a closed game played with a single deck (52 cards). There are sixteen tableaus that each initially contain one cards each.
Odds of winning: High
Win about 2 in 3 games (66%).
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Sweet Sixteen
To win, empty the stock.
- There are sixteen tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by alternating colors.
- For example the 10♠ may move onto the J♦ and the 10♥ may move onto the J♣. Starting with the 10♥ the following sequence can build on top 9♠ 8♦ 7♣.
- Empty tableau spaces fill with a card from the stock.
- The top card is movable.
Strategy & Tips
Sweet Sixteen has about a 2 in 3 chance of winning (66%). Improve your chances with these 3 tips:
- When possible, immediately start to build on Kings. As you cannot build around-the-corner (King onto Ace) they can never be moved to free up a space.
- Prefer to continue building on existing piles rather than starting new ones.
- Move cards from the smaller piles onto the larger ones when possible.