Folk Dance Solitaire
Folk Dance is a variation of Sweet Sixteen with one less tableau pile. Folk Dance is a closed game played with a single deck (52 cards). The fifteen tableaus each initially have a single card dealt.
Rules provide a challenge.
Odds of winning: Low
Win about 1 in 3 games (33%).
5 to 10 minutes per game.
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Folk Dance
To win, remove all the cards from the stock.
- There are fifteen tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by alternating colors. Tableaus can build around-the-corner (a King may move onto an Ace).
- For example the 6♠ may move onto the 7♦ and the 6♥. Starting with the 3♠ the following sequence can build on top 2♦ A♣ K♥ Q♣.
- The top card is movable.
Strategy & Tips
Folk Dance has about a 1 in 3 chance of winning (33%). Improve your chances with these 2 tips:
- Look for the longest sequences of cards that can be built before making a move.
- Build onto existing piles before starting to build a new one.