Arabella is played with three standard decks (156 cards). The objective is to build the twelve foundations up by the same suit.
Odds of winning: Very High
Win about 4 in 5 games (85%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Arabella
Move all cards to the twelve foundations.
- There are twelve foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 3♠ may move onto the 2♠ and the 3♦ may move onto the 2♦. Starting with the 3♥ the following sequence can build on top 4♥ 5♥ 6♥ 7♥.
- There are thirteen tableaus.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by rank regardless of suit.
- For example the 8♠ may move onto the 9♠, 9♥, 9♣ and 9♦. Starting with the 8♥ the following sequence can build on top 7♠ 6♠ 5♦ 4♣.
- Sequences of cards built down by the same suit can move together as a group.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.