Great Triangle Solitaire
Great Triangle is played with three standard decks (156 cards). The objective is to build the twelve foundations up by the same suit.
Odds of winning: Very High
Win about 4 in 5 games (80%).
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Great Triangle
Move all cards to the twelve foundations.
- There are twelve foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 4♠ may move onto the 3♠ and the 4♦ may move onto the 3♦. Starting with the 4♥ the following sequence can build on top 5♥ 6♥ 7♥ 8♥.
- Cards on the foundation may be moved.
- There are thirteen tableaus.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by alternating colors.
- For example the 8♠ may move onto the 9♦ and the 8♥ may move onto the 9♣. Starting with the 8♥ the following sequence can build on top 7♠ 6♦ 5♣.
- Sequences of cards built down by alternating color can move together as a group.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.