Alternations is played with two standard decks (104 cards). There are seven tableaus that contain seven cards each. The objective is to build the eight foundations up by suit from Ace to King.
Rules may be hard to understand.
Odds of winning: Very Low
Win about 1 in 100 games (1%).
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Alternations
Move all cards to the eight foundations.
- There are eight foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 7♠ may move onto the 6♠ and the 7♦ may move onto the 6♦. Starting with the 7♥ the following sequence can build on top 8♥ 9♥ 10♥ J♥.
- There are seven tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by alternating colors.
- For example the 7♠ may move onto the 8♦ and the 7♥ may move onto the 8♣. Starting with the 7♥ the following sequence can build on top 6♠ 5♦ 4♣.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- Sequences of cards built down by alternating color can move together as a group.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.