Trigon is a closed game played with a single deck (52 cards). The objective is to build the four foundations up by suit from Ace to King.
Odds of winning: Fifty-fifty
Win about 1 in 2 games (50%).
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Trigon
Move all cards to the four foundations.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 8♠ may move onto the 7♠ and the 8♦ may move onto the 7♦. Starting with the 8♥ the following sequence can build on top 9♥ 10♥ J♥ Q♥.
- Cards on the foundation may be moved.
- There are seven tableaus.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit.
- For example the 7♠ may move onto the 8♠ and the 7♥ may move onto the 8♥. Starting with the 7♥ the following sequence can build on top 6♥ 5♥ 4♥ 3♥.
- Sequences of cards built down by the same suit can move together as a group.
- An unlimited number of passes through the stock is permitted. There is no restriction on how many times the waste can be redealt to the stock.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.