Ali Baba Solitaire
Ali Baba starts with four cards dealt to each of the ten tableaus. The tableaus are built down by suit and allow sequences built by suit to be moved together. The objective is to build the four foundations up by suit from Ace through to King.
Rules are easy to understand.
Odds of winning: Good
Win about 3 in 7 games (45%).
5 to 10 minutes per game.
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Ali Baba
Move all cards to the four foundations.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 7♠ may move onto the 6♠ and the 7♦ may move onto the 6♦. Starting with the 7♥ the following sequence can build on top 8♥ 9♥ 10♥ J♥.
- There are ten tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit.
- For example the 8♠ may move onto the 9♠ and the 8♥ may move onto the 9♥. Starting with the 8♥ the following sequence can build on top 7♥ 6♥ 5♥ 4♥.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- Sequences of cards built down by the same suit can move together as a group.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.