Double Trigon Solitaire
Double Trigon is played with two standard decks (104 cards). The objective is to build the eight foundations up by suit from Ace to King.
Odds of winning: Very High
Win about 4 in 5 games (80%).
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Double Trigon
Move all cards to the eight foundations.
- There are eight foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 6♠ may move onto the 5♠ and the 6♦ may move onto the 5♦. Starting with the 6♣ the following sequence can build on top 7♣ 8♣ 9♣ 10♣.
- Cards on the foundation may be moved.
- There are nine tableaus.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit.
- For example the 9♠ may move onto the 10♠ and the 9♥ may move onto the 10♥. Starting with the 9♣ the following sequence can build on top 8♣ 7♣ 6♣ 5♣.
- Sequences of cards built down by the same suit can move together as a group.
- An unlimited number of passes through the stock is permitted. There is no restriction on how many times the waste can be redealt to the stock.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.