Shuffle is a closed game played with a single deck (52 cards). There are eight tableaus that contain one cards each.
Odds of winning: Fifty-fifty
Win about 1 in 2 games (50%).
Skill Level: Mostly Luck
Winning is mostly determined by luck. A small amount of skill is involved.
How to Play Shuffle
Pair cards up or down and regardless of suit and wrap around on Kings and Aces. Empty tableaus automatically fill from the stock.
In Shuffle the goal is to discard cards by pairing cards together. You win when there are no more cards remaining to pair.
- There are eight tableaus.
- Initially containing one card face up in each tableau.
- Pair cards up or down and regardless of suit. Tableaus may build around either corner (an Ace may move onto a King or a King may move onto an Ace).
- For example the 6♠ may move onto the 5♥ or the 7♣. Starting with the Q♥ the following sequence may build on top K♠ A♠ K♦ Q♣.
- The top card is movable.
- Empty spaces are automatically populated with a card from the stock.
There are 8 games that have a similar play style to Shuffle:
- Elevens - Pair cards that add up to eleven. Create triples of Jack-Queen-King. There are nine tableaus.
- Nines - Pair cards that add up to nine. Discard Nines individually. Create quads of Ten-Jack-Queen-King. There are nine tableaus.
- Simple Pairs - Pair cards with equal rank and regardless of suit. There are nine tableaus.
- Tens - Pair cards that add up to ten. Create quads of Ten-Ten-Ten-Ten, Jack-Jack-Jack-Jack, Queen-Queen-Queen-Queen, King-King-King-King. There are thirteen tableaus.
- Thirteens - Pair cards that add up to thirteen. Discard Kings individually. There are ten tableaus.
- Block Ten - Win when all but four remain. Pair cards that add up to ten. Pair Jacks, Queens, Kings. There are nine tableaus.
- Doublets - Pair cards with equal rank and regardless of suit. There are twelve tableaus. Initially containing three cards face down and one card face up in each tableau.
- Neptune - Four decks. Win when all but four remain. Pair cards up or down and regardless of suit.