Lucky Thirteen Solitaire
Lucky Thirteen is a difficult game, that is rarely winnable and uses 13 tableau stacks. It is an open game, with all 52 cards dealt to the 13 tableaus at the beginning of play. Only the top card of each tableau is eligible for play, however it can be moved to any card that is one rank higher (as in we build down by rank, regardless of suit). The objective is to move all cards to the four foundations starting with an Ace an ending with a King. Foundations must be built up by the same suit.
Odds of winning: Very Low
Win about 1 in 100 games (1%).
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Lucky Thirteen
Move all cards to the four foundations.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 5♠ may move onto the 4♠ and the 5♦ may move onto the 4♦. Starting with the 5♥ the following sequence can build on top 6♥ 7♥ 8♥ 9♥.
- There are thirteen tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by rank regardless of suit.
- For example the 8♠ may move onto the 9♠, 9♥, 9♣ and 9♦. Starting with the 8♥ the following sequence can build on top 7♠ 6♠ 5♦ 4♣.
- The top card is movable.