Lucky Piles Solitaire
Lucky Piles is an open game (all 52 cards are displayed face up at the beginning of the game). There are thirteen tableaus that contain four cards each. The objective is to build the four foundations up by the same suit.
Odds of winning: Very High
Win about 9 in 10 games (90%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Lucky Piles
The goal of Lucky Piles is to move all 52 cards to the foundation piles. You achieve this by building sequences of cards up by suit that start with an Ace and end with a King. You win when the four foundations each contain a complete sequence of thirteen cards.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 6♠ may move onto the 5♠ and the 6♦ may move onto the 5♦. Starting with the 6♣ the following sequence can build on top 7♣ 8♣ 9♣ 10♣.
- There are thirteen tableaus.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build both up and down by rank regardless of suit. For example the 10♠ may move onto the 9♥ or the J♣. Starting with the 10♥ the following sequence can build on top J♠ Q♠ J♦ 10♣.
- The top card is movable.
There is one game with similar play style to Lucky Piles: