Luckier Thirteen Solitaire
Luckier Thirteen is a difficult game, that is rarely winnable and uses 13 tableau stacks. It is an open game, with all 52 cards dealt to the 13 tableaus at the beginning of play. Only the top card of each tableau is eligible for play and may moved to any card that is one rank higher and a different color (as in we build down by rank, alternating between red and black). The objective is to move all cards to the four foundations starting with an Ace an ending with a King. Foundations must be built up by the same suit.
Odds of winning: Low
Win about 1 in 4 games (25%).
Skill Level: All Skill
Winning is determined by skill. Little to no luck is involved.
How to Play Luckier Thirteen
Move all cards to the four foundations.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 3♠ may move onto the 2♠ and the 3♦ may move onto the 2♦. Starting with the 3♦ the following sequence can build on top 4♦ 5♦ 6♦ 7♦.
- There are thirteen tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by alternating colors.
- For example the J♠ may move onto the Q♦ and the J♥ may move onto the Q♣. Starting with the J♥ the following sequence can build on top 10♠ 9♦ 8♣.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- The top card is movable.