Castle Mount Solitaire
Castle Mount is an open game (all 156 cards are displayed face up at the beginning of the game). The twelve foundations each contain an Ace. There are twelve tableaus that contain twelve cards each. The objective is to build the twelve foundations up by suit from Ace to King.
Odds of winning: Low
Win about 3 in 10 games (30%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
Move all cards to the twelve foundations.
- There are twelve foundations.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 3♠ may move onto the 2♠ and the 3♦ may move onto the 2♦. Starting with the 3♥ the following sequence can build on top 4♥ 5♥ 6♥ 7♥.
- There are twelve tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by rank regardless of suit.
- For example the 7♠ may move onto the 8♠, 8♥, 8♣ and 8♦. Starting with the 7♥ the following sequence can build on top 6♠ 5♠ 4♦ 3♣.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- Sequences of cards built down by the same suit can move together as a group.
There is one game with similar play style to Castle Mount: