Thirty Six Solitaire
Thirty Six is a builder game that starts by dealing the first 36 cards among six tableaus. The remaining 16 cards in the stock allow for a single pass through (no redeals). Sequences of cards that are built down by rank (regardless of suit) may be moved together. The objective is to build the four foundations up by suit from Ace through to King.
Rules are easy to understand.
Odds of winning: Good
Win about 3 in 5 games (59%).
5 to 10 minutes per game.
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Thirty Six
Move all cards to the four foundations.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 3♠ may move onto the 2♠ and the 3♦ may move onto the 2♦. Starting with the 3♦ the following sequence can build on top 4♦ 5♦ 6♦ 7♦.
- There are six tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by rank regardless of suit.
- For example the J♠ may move onto the Q♠, Q♥, Q♣ and Q♦. Starting with the J♥ the following sequence can build on top 10♠ 9♠ 8♦ 7♣.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- Sequences of cards built down by rank can move together as a group. The sequences can build down regardless of suit.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.
There is one game with similar play style to Thirty Six: