Taking Silk Solitaire
Taking Silk is played with two standard decks (104 cards). There are six tableaus that contain four cards each. The objective is to build the eight foundations up by the same suit.
Odds of winning: Very Low
Win about 1 in 7 games (15%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Taking Silk
Move all cards to the eight foundations.
- There are eight foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 3♠ may move onto the 2♠ and the 3♦ may move onto the 2♦. Starting with the 3♦ the following sequence can build on top 4♦ 5♦ 6♦ 7♦.
- There are six tableaus.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by rank regardless of suit.
- For example the J♠ may move onto the Q♠, Q♥, Q♣ and Q♦. Starting with the J♥ the following sequence can build on top 10♠ 9♠ 8♦ 7♣.
- Sequences of cards built down by rank can move together as a group. The sequences can build down regardless of suit.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.
There is one game with similar play style to Taking Silk: