Smokey is a closed game played with a single deck (52 cards). The objective is to build the four foundations up by suit from Ace to King.
Odds of winning: Low
Win about 1 in 3 games (35%).
Skill: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
Move all cards to the four foundations.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 8♠ may move onto the 7♠ and the 8♦ may move onto the 7♦. Starting with the 8♠ the following sequence can build on top 9♠ 10♠ J♠ Q♠.
- Cards on the foundation may be moved.
- There are seven tableaus.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by color.
- For example the 5♠ may move onto the 6♥ and the 5♦. Starting with the 5♠ the following sequence can build on top 4♦ 3♣ 2♦ A♠.
- Sequences of cards built down by the same suit can move together as a group.
- Two redeals of the waste back into the stock are permitted. Allowing for three complete passes through the stock.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.