Scotch is an open game (all 52 cards are displayed face up at the beginning of the game). The objective is to build the four foundations up by alternating color.
Rules provide a challenge.
Odds of winning: Good
Win about 1 in 2 games (48%).
Less than 5 minutes per game.
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Scotch
Move all cards to the four foundations.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by alternating color.
- For example the 7♠ may move onto the 6♦ and the 7♦ may move onto the 6♣. Starting with the 7♦ the following sequence can build on top 8♠ 9♥ 10♣.
- There are eighteen tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by rank regardless of suit.
- For example the 5♠ may move onto the 6♠, 6♥, 6♣ and 6♦. Starting with the 5♥ the following sequence can build on top 4♠ 3♠ 2♦ A♣.
- The top card is movable.