Outback is played with two standard decks (104 cards). There are eight tableaus that contain seven cards each. The objective is to build the eight foundations up by the same suit.
Odds of winning: Very Low
Win about 1 in 10 games (10%).
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Outback
Move all cards to the eight foundations.
- There are eight foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 3♠ may move onto the 2♠ and the 3♦ may move onto the 2♦. Starting with the 3♠ the following sequence can build on top 4♠ 5♠ 6♠ 7♠.
- There are eight tableaus.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit.
- For example the 6♠ may move onto the 7♠ and the 6♥ may move onto the 7♥. Starting with the 6♠ the following sequence can build on top 5♠ 4♠ 3♠ 2♠.
- Any card or stack of cards may move together as a group. Any stack of cards may move together, regardless of their build (no restriction on rank, suit or color).
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.