Adelaide uses two standard decks (104 cards) with seven cards dealt to each of the eight tableaus. The remaining 48 cards are available for play from the stock to the waste, which allows for a single redeal (two passes through the stock). All tableau cards are available for play at any time to build sequences down by suit. The objective is to build the eight foundations up from Ace through to King.
Rules are easy to understand.
Odds of winning: Very High
Almost every game is winnable (95%).
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
Move all cards to the eight foundations.
- There are eight foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 3♠ may move onto the 2♠ and the 3♦ may move onto the 2♦. Starting with the 3♠ the following sequence can build on top 4♠ 5♠ 6♠ 7♠.
- There are eight tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit.
- For example the 5♠ may move onto the 6♠ and the 5♥ may move onto the 6♥. Starting with the 5♠ the following sequence can build on top 4♠ 3♠ 2♠ A♠.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- Any card or stack of cards may move together as a group. Any stack of cards may move together, regardless of their build (no restriction on rank, suit or color).
- A single redeal of the waste back into the stock is permitted. Allowing for two complete passes through the stock.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.