Adelaide uses two standard decks (104 cards) with seven cards dealt to each of the eight tableaus. The remaining 48 cards are available for play from the stock to the waste, which allows for a single redeal (two passes through the stock). All tableau cards are available for play at any time to build sequences down by suit. The objective is to build the eight foundations up from Ace through to King.
How to win
When all cards are moved to the four foundations
- The tableaus are built down by suit
- A King may be moved to an empty tableau
- An Ace may be moved to an empty foundation
- The foundations are built up by suit
- Two passes through the stock are permitted (one redeal)