Marie Rose Solitaire
Marie Rose is played with three standard decks (156 cards). There are twelve tableaus that contain five cards each. The objective is to build the twelve foundations up by suit from Ace to King.
Odds of winning: Low
Win about 1 in 5 games (20%).
Skill: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
Move all cards to the twelve foundations.
- There are twelve foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 3♠ may move onto the 2♠ and the 3♦ may move onto the 2♦. Starting with the 3♥ the following sequence can build on top 4♥ 5♥ 6♥ 7♥.
- There are twelve tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit.
- For example the 8♠ may move onto the 9♠ and the 8♥ may move onto the 9♥. Starting with the 8♥ the following sequence can build on top 7♥ 6♥ 5♥ 4♥.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- Sequences of cards built down by the same suit can move together as a group.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.