Lasker is an open game (all 52 cards are displayed face up at the beginning of the game). The objective is to build the four foundations up by the same suit. Wrapping around is allowed.
Odds of winning: Good
Win about 2 in 5 games (40%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Lasker
The goal of Lasker is to move all 52 cards to the foundation piles. You achieve this by building sequences of cards up by suit. Sequences may be built around-the-corner. You win when the four foundations each contain a complete sequence of thirteen cards.
- There are four foundations.
- Any card may serve as the initial base rank for an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit. Foundations can build around-the-corner (an Ace may move onto a King).
- For example the 8♠ may move onto the 7♠ and the 8♦ may move onto the 7♦. Starting with the J♦ the following sequence can build on top Q♦ K♦ A♦ 2♦.
- Cards on the foundation may be moved.
- There are ten tableaus.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build both up and down by the same suit. Tableaus can build around-the-corner (an Ace may move onto a King and a King may move onto an Ace).
- For example the 8♠ may move onto the 7♠ or the 9♠. Starting with the Q♥ the following sequence can build on top K♥ A♥ K♥ Q♥.
- Sequences of cards built up and down by the same suit can move together as a group.