Golf is a closed game played with a single deck (52 cards). There are seven tableaus that contain five cards each.
Rules are easy to understand.
Odds of winning: Very Low
Win about 1 in 50 games (2%).
Less than 5 minutes per game.
Skill Level: Mostly Luck
Winning is mostly determined by luck. A small amount of skill is involved.
How to Play Golf
No building on the tableau. Stock deals one to waste without redeals. Build waste up or down regardless of suit.
The goal of Golf is to move all cards off the tableau.
- There are seven tableaus.
- Initially containing five cards face up in each tableau.
- The top card is movable.
- Once empty the tableaus remain empty.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- A single pass through the stock is permitted. Redeals are not possible. Once on the waste, cards remain until used in a valid move.
- There is one waste.
- Initially containing one card face up in the waste.
- The waste build up or down regardless of suit.
- For example the 7♠ may move onto the 6♥ or the 8♣. Starting with the 7♥ the following sequence may build on top 8♠ 9♠ 8♦ 7♣.
There are 3 games that have a similar play style to Golf:
- Golf Rush - Initially containing a Klondike layout with all cards face up. The waste is initially empty.
- Double Golf - Two decks. There are nine tableaus. Initially containing seven cards face up in each tableau.
- Relaxed Golf - Build waste up or down regardless of suit and wrap around on Kings and Aces.