Fortunes Favor Solitaire
Fortunes Favor is a closed game played with a single deck (52 cards). The four foundations each contain an Ace. There are twelve tableaus that contain one cards each. The objective is to move all cards to the four foundations by building them up by the same suit.
Rules are easy to understand.
Odds of winning: Very High
Almost every game is winnable (100%).
Less than 5 minutes per game.
Skill Level: Mostly Luck
Winning is mostly determined by luck. A small amount of skill is involved.
How to Play Fortunes Favor
Build foundations up by the same suit. Build tableaus down by the same suit. Empty tableaus automatically fill from the waste, then the stock then with any card. Stock deals one to waste without redeals.
The goal of Fortunes Favor is to move all fifty-two cards to the foundation piles. You achieve this by building sequences of cards up by the same suit that start with an Ace and end with a King. You win when the four foundations each contain a complete sequence of thirteen cards.
- There are four foundations.
- Initially containing an Ace in each foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 8♠ may move onto the 7♠ and the 8♦ may move onto the 7♦. Starting with the 8♠ the following sequence may build on top 9♠ 10♠ J♠ Q♠.
- There are twelve tableaus.
- Initially containing one card face up in each tableau.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit.
- For example the J♠ may move onto the Q♠ and the J♥ may move onto the Q♥. Starting with the J♠ the following sequence may build on top 10♠ 9♠ 8♠ 7♠.
- The top card is movable.
- Empty spaces are automatically populated with a card from the waste. When the waste is empty spaces are automatically filled from the stock. When the stock is empty any single card may move to an empty tableau.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- A single pass through the stock is permitted. Redeals are not possible. Once on the waste, cards remain until used in a valid move.
- There is one waste.
- The waste is initially empty.
- The top card is movable.
- Once empty the waste remains empty until more cards move from the stock.
There are 4 games that have a similar play style to Fortunes Favor:
- Preference - There are eight tableaus.
- Lucas - Fill empty tableaus with any card. There are thirteen tableaus. Initially containing three cards face up in each tableau.
- Courtyard - Two decks. Fill empty foundations with Aces. There are eight foundations. The foundations are initially empty.
- Corona - Two decks. Fill empty foundations with Aces. There are eight foundations. The foundations are initially empty. Initially containing three cards face up in each tableau.