One of many games known as Napolean at St. Helena, ForeCell is a Swedish variant that predates FreeCell with a different layout and only permitting tableua spaces to be filled by Kings.
Odds of winning: High
Win about 3 in 5 games (60%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play ForeCell
Move all cards to the four foundations.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 7♠ may move onto the 6♠ and the 7♦ may move onto the 6♦. Starting with the 7♣ the following sequence can build on top 8♣ 9♣ 10♣ J♣.
- There are four cells.
- Any card may move to an empty cell space. A cell can hold only one card.
- The top card is movable.
- There are eight tableaus.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by alternating colors.
- For example the 9♠ may move onto the 10♦ and the 9♥ may move onto the 10♣. Starting with the 9♥ the following sequence can build on top 8♠ 7♦ 6♣.
- Sequences of cards built down by alternating color can move together as a group.
Strategy & Tips
ForeCell has about a 3 in 5 chance of winning (60%). Improve your chances with these 2 tips:
- Keep the four free cells, free where possible. They are used to help move the large stacks of cards.
- An empty tableau doubles the number of cards you can move between tableaus.