Bucket is an open game with all 52 cards dealt at the beginning of play. The first four tableaus have seven cards each and the last four have six cards each. The tableaus are built down by any alternating color, with only the top card of each being eligible for play. The objective is to build the four foundations up by suit from Ace through to King.
Odds of winning: Very Low
Win about 1 in 20 games (5%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
Move all cards to the four foundations.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 7♠ may move onto the 6♠ and the 7♦ may move onto the 6♦. Starting with the 7♣ the following sequence can build on top 8♣ 9♣ 10♣ J♣.
- There are eight tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by alternating colors.
- For example the 10♠ may move onto the J♦ and the 10♥ may move onto the J♣. Starting with the 10♥ the following sequence can build on top 9♠ 8♦ 7♣.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- The top card is movable.