Big Forty Solitaire
Big Forty is a closed game played with a single deck (52 cards). There are ten tableaus that contain four cards each. The objective is to build the four foundations up by suit from Ace to King.
Odds of winning: Good
Win about 3 in 7 games (45%).
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Big Forty
Move all cards to the four foundations.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 5♠ may move onto the 4♠ and the 5♦ may move onto the 4♦. Starting with the 5♦ the following sequence can build on top 6♦ 7♦ 8♦ 9♦.
- There are ten tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit.
- For example the J♠ may move onto the Q♠ and the J♥ may move onto the Q♥. Starting with the J♦ the following sequence can build on top 10♦ 9♦ 8♦ 7♦.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- Sequences of cards built down by the same suit can move together as a group.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.