Alexandria is played with three standard decks (156 cards). The objective is to build the twelve foundations up by the same suit.
Odds of winning: Very High
Win about 9 in 10 games (90%).
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Alexandria
Move all cards to the twelve foundations.
- There are twelve foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 6♠ may move onto the 5♠ and the 6♦ may move onto the 5♦. Starting with the 6♥ the following sequence can build on top 7♥ 8♥ 9♥ 10♥.
- There are thirteen tableaus.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by alternating colors.
- For example the 7♠ may move onto the 8♦ and the 7♥ may move onto the 8♣. Starting with the 7♥ the following sequence can build on top 6♠ 5♦ 4♣.
- Sequences of cards built down by alternating color can move together as a group.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.
There is one game with similar play style to Alexandria: