Wave Motion Solitaire
Wave Motion is an open game (all 52 cards are displayed face up at the beginning of the game). The tableau starts empty.
How to Play Wave Motion
Build tableaus down by the same suit. Move sequences built down by the same suit together. Fill empty tableaus with valid sequences.
The goal of Wave Motion is to build complete sequences down by the same suit on the tableau.
- There are eight tableaus.
- The tableaus are initially empty.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit.
- For example the 8♠ may move onto the 9♠ and the 8♥ may move onto the 9♥. Starting with the 8♦ the following sequence may build on top 7♦ 6♦ 5♦ 4♦.
- Sequences of cards built down by the same suit may move together as a group.
- Any card or valid sequence of cards may move together to fill an empty tableau.
- There are eight reserves.
- Initially containing fifty-two cards face up in the reserve.
- The top card is movable.
- Once empty the reserves remain empty.
There is one game with similar play style to Wave Motion:
- Wading Pool - Build reserves down by the same suit.