Waterloo is a two deck Solitaire game. The six tableaus start with a single card each and are built down by rank regradless of suit using cards from the stock and other tableaus. Sequences of cards built down by suit may be moved together. The objective is to build the eight foundations up by suit from Ace through to King.
Odds of winning: Low
Win about 1 in 5 games (20%).
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Waterloo
Move all cards to the eight foundations.
- There are eight foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 4♠ may move onto the 3♠ and the 4♦ may move onto the 3♦. Starting with the 4♦ the following sequence can build on top 5♦ 6♦ 7♦ 8♦.
- There are six tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by rank regardless of suit.
- For example the Q♠ may move onto the K♠, K♥, K♣ and K♦. Starting with the Q♥ the following sequence can build on top J♠ 10♠ 9♦ 8♣.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- Sequences of cards built down by the same suit can move together as a group.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.
There is one game with similar play style to Waterloo: